Monday, October 15, 2007

So...Saturday was my 10 year high school reunion...

Yep! I do have to say it makes me feel a little old...but not too old! :) I snapped a few pics, but haven't downloaded them yet. It was something that I don't think I would have ever known how to expect for, if that makes any sense. Almost everyone I asked said that they were nervous somewhat before they showed up! Haha! Why is that? We are 10 years removed from highschool and we still have some sort of need for the positive affirmation and connection with these people with whom we have mostly lost contact with! Sort of strange, if I do say so myself, but I too was nervous before I went. :) I told Lee I had butterflies on my way in the car! I did have a great time! Lee knew a few people, in particular a good friend of mine (Amanda) called to let me know they would be going and our hubby's know each other! That worked out well since neither of them went to our highschool! :) Even they had a great time!!! They are such great sports! :)

My biggest complaint was...my SHOES!!! They were soooooo cute, and they really helped me out since my pants were a little on the long side, but man, my feet were killing me! I think they have 2 inch heels or maybe taller! I know, all you heels wearing girls out there, I have no idea what I'm doing in those shoes! I will take a pic of them too, since I know you who know me well will love to laugh as you envision me hobbling up the sidewalk at the end of the evening! ;) I think I possibly looked like I had had too much to drink when in actuality...we had Coca Cola! :) I really just ended up taking off the heels in the middle of a few conversations so I could rest my feet. I was wondering what the people thought behind me, seeing my head bobbing up and down! I informed those in the conversation that I was about to shrink, so they were well informed, but... :) Is this a girly faux pas? Oh, well! Maybe this will help someone who is about to make the same mistake...okay, I think I would have worn them again, but does anyone have any tips on how to prevent your toes from cramping and nearly falling asleep? J/K I just measured the heels...ya, 4 inches! No wonder! It was different being taller, though! :) Crazy!

Well, enough about my shoes! I did have so much fun! :) I brought a little book of recent pics of the kiddos so that I could show them to anyone who cared to see them! :) It was really a surreal event! A few de ja vu moments, just looking at who was hanging out and stuff! Everyone had changed so much, but stayed the same in a lot of ways! One of my favorite things about the night was that I tried out one of the sample "looks" from my Mary Kay kit, and I figured out what foundation to wear! It was my first time to wear foundation!!! :) I have been using a cream to powder (which I love as well), but foundation is neato! ;) The colors from the look I picked were darker and browner than what I normally wear, but they were GORGEOUS!!! Fun for a little extra drama...which exactly describes a 10 Year High School Reunion! ;) Hehe!

All in all it was a fun filled evening full of adventures and surprises!!! One girl said that she had brought some flip flops just in case she needed them and I was sooooo close to asking her to borrow them! :) No, I'm glad I wore my cute shoes! I just hope that I'll forget the pain soon so that I can get my money's worth from them! ;) I am really very glad that we went! I just wish I could have talked more people! If you were out there and thought I didn't want to talk to people and that's why I didn't walk around and mingle much, just come back and check out the shoes when they are posted! ;)

Oy, I still need to get the pics up from last weekend's anniversary rendevous! Okay, I'll get everything all figured out! :)

Pictures coming soon...

4 comments:

Funky Cold Medinas said...

Ha. Ha. I completely understand the heel dilemma. I love heels myself, but pregnancy and heels don't mix. Just had Jeff buy me some comfy flats that I will be wearing every Sunday until Scarlett gets here...no heels for a few months. Tried to wear my "tall boots" to church the other Sunday. I, too, wound up taking them off and hobbling to the car. Good thing I had my big belly. Nobody wonders about pregnant women and heels...

carleigh said...

i've only had one pair of "heels" if you can call them that. they were only maybe 2-3 inches, but they killed my feet. i've worn them twice, though- 2 weddings. i'm going blank on the kinds of shoes they were... they were skinny in the back but like platform kind of... i think they were from the eighties. if anyone knows what they were called let me know...

Daniel Bennett said...

I had the same experience with shoes at Daniel's 10 last year, but I ditched the shoes I had borrowed from my trendy sister, who wears a size smaller, and got the flip flops out of the car halfway through the night! :)

Daniel Bennett said...

Haa! That "Daniel" was really Whitney, but it looks hillarious that a guy would post a comment about heels!