Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cream of Mushroom Stacked Chicken Enchiladas

Just thought I would give you guys my easy stacked enchilada recipe! I found a similar recipe and modified it so that it worked for me with what I had at home to use and things our kiddos will eat! ;) I usually fix rice and beans with it!!! It is always a hit at our house! Yum! It's what we're having tonight, in fact!!! I am sooo happy that Lee is finally able to ask me to fix some things that only I have made for him!!! :) He loves to cook, so it has been hard for me to take over that job without feeling a little intimidated by it!!! :) I am proud to say that I recieve regular requests and everything I cook is VERY EASY!!! It's also very yummy! :) Well, if you try it let me know what you think! Oh, and I really will be adding those pics! Just have to get to Walmart...

Cream of Mushroom Stacked Chicken Enchiladas

2 Chicken breast halves shredded or 3 cans of chicken
1 whole onion, chopped
1cup of sour cream
1 can Cream of mushroom soup (cream of chicken or celery can be used)
18 Corn tortillas
1 cup Pace Salsa mild or 1 can of Rotel
Cumin to taste
1 can of chicken broth
3 cups Cheese shredded


Directions
Cover chicken with water, add salt and boil until cooked. Shred once cooled. Save broth. (I used 3 cans of chunk chicken and a can of chicken broth instead of this step.) Saute a whole onion. Prepare cream of mushroom as indicated using broth. Add the onion, salsa and chicken and stir. Remove from heat and add 1 cup of cheese. Add cumin to taste. Place 6 tortillas on the bottom of the casserole dish, spoon enchilada mixture all over. Add another layer of tortillas and spoon more enchilada mixture on top. Add third layer of 6 tortillas. Add another 1/3 cup of sour cream to the remaining mixture and pour that on top. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Add cheese on top and bake another 15 minutes or until cheese is a little browned. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Sounds amazing! I will definitely try it.

Funky Cold Medinas said...

A great site that I use all the time is allrecipes.com. It's free to join. I always pick the ones with the highest ratings, the fewest ingredients, and the shortest amount of cooking time. I've found some big hits!

carleigh said...

hey, sounds good... i only have one problem. i have pretty much stopped making casseroles altogether because my little zach-a-roo can't have any of the cream of whatever soups. they all have milk, which he is pretty good and allergic to. any good milk free, cheese free, butter free, sour cream free recipes?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.