Saturday, August 4, 2007

And ONE and TWO...

Well, I haven't really been doing much lately! :) J/K My life has been overwhelmingly all about the numbers ONE and TWO!!! Ya, the icky numbers!!! Our puppy, Camille, started reverting and poopooing on the floor, in her kennel, and anywhere but outside!!! I was sooo busy changing diapers, monitoring newly potty trained darling, and cleaning the poopy kennel, sooooo...I haven't been able to update the blog! :) Sorry for me and for you! ;)

Anyway, daughter #2 has decided that she wants a go at potty training, and I am all for that!!! Lenci has been wanting to go potty every time Zoe goes, which seemed pointless to me about 2 days ago!!! That is until SHE WENT (#1)!!!! I am soooooo happy! I know that this has now happened only 3 times in the last 3 days, but the fact that she wants to is amazing me!!! In fact, today she came to me and told me that she needed to go potty and when I took her to go...SHE WENT!!! :) I am sooo happy...which I know I already said...but I have been changing diapers for a little while, and for a short time I was changing diapers for 3 kids!!! Eek!!! I am soooooo ready for this potty training bit to work permanently for Lenci! I am so proud of her!!! My favorite thing is seeing her face of accomplishment when she has just gone!!! So sweet!!!

Well, as for Camille, our little girl pup, we bought a potty training book for dogs! I know, I'm a potty training crazy right now, and I can't say queen until I complete my mission!!! I never dreamed that I would be potty training my second daughter and first dog at the same time!!! I don't think my dreams were ever that detailed!!! I have to say that I have only been sane because of the GRACE of GOD!!! I am not joking!!! :) There have been moments that I had 2 diapered children ready to be changed, a puppy in a poopy kennel, and a daughter screaming from the potty "Mom, I need you"! :) Ahhhhhhh!!! That's when I almost went to hide in the closet...but then I didn't! I completed the mission, the task set before me, and with some complaining along the way, don't get me wrong, but that is my prayer; that I will do everything to the glory of God!!! But to not stop there...I want to make a goal of not complaining when I am in an icky (or sticky) situation, literally!!! ;) Philippians 2:14-16 says "Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing." This scripture is very convicting to me right now!!! Pray that I will be like a star shining in the universe in this world, and in my home!!! :) Praise the Lord, Camille has been pottying on the puppy pads that we got for her, which is a HUGE answer to prayer!!! Lee and I learning a lot about potty training, and the book is really helping! It was only $4.99, and that is well worth my time and sanity!!! :) Sooo...we are on route to being mostly potty trained at our house!!! I'm just glad that my hubby came potty trained... ;)

I think that I will just jot down a few things that I am thankful for since I am trying to complain less! :)

1. I am thankful that there are no medical conditions preventing the progress for potty training right now, and that we have healthy children!!!
2. I am thankful that God has allowed us to be able to afford the diapers and pull ups that we need!!!
3. I am thankful that we have one out of diapers and able to cheer on the next two in their journey to freedom! ;)
4. I am thankful that I am healthy and able to potty train and take care of my children!!! :)
5. I am thankful for the many friends and family members who have been encouraging me during this time!!! Thanks! :)

I am going to do this from time to time about other things! It really helps me to rethink my situation! :) Blessings!!!



Our potty training princess...







...the encouraging ballerina...






...and the little guy who doesn't know what's coming!!! ;)
(Ha, I thought this one looked like he was snapping a pic of himself, but he's trying to grab the camera from me!!!)

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

That picture totally looks like he's snapping it of himself! Hilarious! I love this post. I like your list of things to be thankful for. I need to do that more often. Good luck with all the potty training. I will need updates.

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

Potty training! Fun times! And the best part, you will only have to buy diapers for ONE when she is trained! Yeah!