Friday, August 31, 2007

One of my favorite things #1

I am having a much better day compared to the day of my last blog!!! I was thinking about what I wanted to blog on and I think I'm going to start putting some of my favorite things in blog form! So fun! These things will not include any people or animals! They will be things, foods, actions, and maybe an occasional place!

My first favorite thing would have to be the stuffed animal hanging towers I got for the girls room. I got two of them from Target so they could put some of their bizillion stuffed animals in them, and so they would each get one! They are great! They were $7.99 a piece, and unlike a pet net, they can get the toys in and out! I can tell them to pick up their animals and they know where to put them! :) I was surprised at how many animals they held too! I love, also, that it looks like their little animals are peeking out of the holes! :) So cute! The only thing I don't like is that they can get them out anytime since they are accessable to them, but that was kind of the point! Plus, now that they're not so new to them anymore they don't try to mess with them! They also have them in blue, for a boys room, and I got one for Asher, I just haven't put it up in his room yet! :) I may update on another blog with his up! :) Here are some pictures of them in the girls' room. (Please excuse the mess! You can tell they are the ones who straightened up their room last!) ;)



I think they make the dollhouse bookshelf look more like a castle, which is sooo fun for the girls since they are always playing dress up and princesses! ;)




The color was perfect for their room! Fun, fun, fun!



They have definitely made their room look more girly, and since we are renting and have not asked about painting yet, they added some much needed color to their white room! :)

Stay tuned for future favorite things!!! :) I have been trying to find little organizing things for our home, and so far I have found a few things that are working great for me!!! It's the small things that count!

Well, it just wouldn't be like me to not post a pic or two or three of the kiddos...so here you go! ;)



The girls and me, snapping some headshots!



Lee said this is Asher's wrestler pic! Hahaha!



Lenci and Asher are cooking something up in the kitchen there!



I guess Asherman decided to do the dishes! ;) What a great guy!



They love their puppy, Camille! Isn't this sweet?

7 comments:

greener things said...

WOW, I would love some cute pink tower organizers. I cant wait until we make those bags to hang in there room for the toys.

Janelle and Ella said...

The pictures are adorable!!!

carleigh said...

the girls room looks so cute. just in case you were wondering... ikea has those hanging up things for 3.99- but it is a long drive and a lot of work with the kids.

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

The room is too cute! I'm content with boys Lord... I'm content with boys...
Maybe I could borrow your girls for a day! :)

Michelle said...

that is so funny you said, "pet net". I had one in middle school and was thinking this weekend..."do they still make these?" I unloaded a box of stuffed animals and thought..."what are we supposed to do with all of these??" I think I am going to ban the purchase of any more stuffed animals forever in the sanders house.

Kristin said...

I love this post!!! I can't wait to read about more of your favorite things! Way to let something small become a reminder of blessing in your life!!!

Whitney said...

You have such a sweet fam! I just found you through some other blogs, but I was at DBU with you. I got married after our sophomore year, but I can remember studying for hermeneutics with you and Lee. :) Have a blessed day!