Thursday, August 28, 2008

Party, rearranging fun, and Spaghetti Squash!

We had a small party for Lenci with just our little family at Chucky Cheese!!! She had soooo much fun! She couldn't stand waiting for her presents, so we let her open them at home before we went! ;) She was extremely animated for the pictures, as usual! What a doll! I love giving her gifts because she just loves what she gets!!! :) We also got cake balls for her instead of a cake! They're so fun and you can pick lots of different flavors, although Lemon seems to be the family favorite!!! It was fun for her though! We put a candle in three separate cake balls and let her blow them out! She loved it! :) It was a nice little family party and all the kids had soooo much fun! :) We got her a Fancy Nancy book, a pink pony, a little puppy with a bow and a real leash!!! :) She LOVED all of her gifts...and her cake balls! :)










I have been "de-stuffing" our house and I am so excited that I have had lots of help from my sister and some great friends from our church who have helped me!!! ;) It was two separate occassions, but my church friends helped me to declutter the bookshelf in the living room and my sister helped me rearrange and switch things around in the kids rooms so that they are more functional!!! ;) Our house is small, so I am really trying to focus on getting rid of LOTS and then having a garage sale!!! I'm getting better and better at getting rid of stuff! ;)









I have also been learning more about what I can eat since my midwife put me on the no sugar/white flour diet to prevent gestational diabetes. I was 2 points away when I was pregnant with Lenci and 1 point away when I was pregnant with Asher, and so we are on this prevention diet and we have not had any reason to think I have it this time at all!!! :) I will share more recipes as I go along, but I may not put pictures of them all! Hahaha! I just thought this was so interesting myself, so I took pictures to share. I made spaghetti squash to eat with my spaghetti meat sauce!!! The rest of the family tried it, but they had noodles with their meal. I found a recipe for it online that had microwave instructions for the spaghetti squash preparation. I heard that baking it works better, but our house just heats up so fast when I use the oven!!! So, here are the pictures of the spaghetti squash "noodles"! :)




All you do is cut the spaghetti squash in half and get the seeds out. Put the spaghetti squash into a microwave safe bowl with 1/4th cup of water inside of it. Cover it and cook it for 8 minutes in the microwave. Carefully remove the (hot) bowl and use a fork to scrape the "noodles" out of the spaghetti squash! :) Add your spaghetti sauce, or whatever you want to eat with it, and ENJOY! :) Let me know if you try it! The texture is different than noodles, but it works when you can't have spaghetti noodles and that's what's on the menu for the night...or if you just want to try something new!!!

5 comments:

Momma B. said...

The kids bedroom looks great! Way to go!

Lori, Landon and Logan said...

That looks fun! I love cake balls! YUM!
That spaghetti looks good! I must be getting "crunchy" because we don't have a microwave! Did you know they are banned in most countries? I didn't know that until a few years ago.

Angela said...

I am a huge fan of spaghetti squash! I have used it to make a baked "pasta" dish too, and it works great! Yummy Yummy!!!

Funky Cold Medinas said...

How do you make cake balls? Or do you buy them?

FordeFam said...

We got them from a lady who bought a car from Lee!!! She sells them out of her home! :) They're delicious!!!