Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year...well, belated!!! ;)

I think I'll post a few pics from when we went to Chinatown!!! It was soooo neato! Here they are!



Here we are walking down the street and stopping for a quick pic!!! :) The streets were sooo steep! I was surprised at how well the kids did with walking! They sure slept well that night!




Lee and I are picking little Chinese outfits for the kiddos! I will post a pic of them! ADORABLE!!! They wore them to church last Sunday! They just needed some little chopsticks in their hair...but that wouldn't have been so safe for toddlers, hahaha!




Here's Zoe posing in front of the adorable dolls!!! We were picking out their outfits, and my dad took this one! I don't think I knew how long she was looking at them or we may have gotten one for her!!! But she sure looks like a doll in her outfit!



Lenci LOVED the eggdrop soup we had at the restaurant we ate at! We were shocked to find this little hole in the wall place!!! It was AMAZING and authentic and cheap! ;) Soe of the stuff reminded me of some of the dishes in Taiwan that I had! :) Mmm!



Zoe loved it too, but Zoe is the non picky one!!! I was shocked that Lenci ate the soup! :) Shocked but thankful!!! :)





Sooo, I went and took some pics of them in their outfits in the middle of this blog!!! Hahaha! They loved it, but I just know that since I didn't get them done on Sunday it would be hard to do it in another time, so here are a few! ;)






Another one posed with Asher in the chair! I put lip gloss on the girls so that they would be more likely to sit still and smile! :) Asher was a little wiggly, okay, a lot wiggly! You can see it on the girls' faces! Hahaha!







Here they are in the girls' room playing silly! It's a good shot of the whole dresses and Asher's full outfit! It almost looks like they're saluting him? I have no idea, I was just snapping the camera! :)










Zoe posing for me!









Here's Asher too! I couldn't get Lenci to sit still for me to get a shot of her alone!









This is the best I could get of Lenci, but her hair was sooo sweet! :)




So, I just read that many people celebrate Chinese New Year for 15 days after it starts!!! Very exciting since I decided to post these today! :) How fun!!! I think I should take advantage of that and have Chinese food tomorrow for dinner!!! :) Any excuse to have some yummy food that we don't eat very often!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those outfits are adorable! Oh my goodness!

carleigh said...

cute pictures... i think it is so funny how lenci won't let you take her picture!! mine fight over who will be in the front! and i just read your note on audreas blog- what was that stuff that you wrote about? curls something? i have some hair that is curly and some that is not, too, so i may want to try it out!

Kristin said...

Oh I LOVE their outfits. They are so cute and so festive! It really does amaze me to think back to our trip to Taiwan together almost TEN years ago. I love that I share those memories with you!

Jake and Taryn said...

Your children are all so adorable!! You have such a cute family! :)

Seba and Erin said...

Seriously, could they get any cuter? I hope I am as fun with my kids as you are! Love the outfits and the new haircuts!!! Miss you guys!!