Monday, January 31, 2011

Memories of moments

Last week came and went with LOTS on my plate. :) It was the hubby's long work week, and this particular week we had a few sickies passing stuff around and sharing things we don't like to share. ;) It's so hard to keep young ones from sharing colds! They just don't understand that you don't drink out of each other's cups (and from Mommy's cup). :) Somehow, I managed to ward off the cold with a little help from Vitamin C, water and the extra cloves of garlic I threw in to spruce up a few dinners. :) I really thought I had it a few times, but thankfully, I am well. :) We were thankful when Daddy was off and we celebrated by heading to the park for a picnic lunch with the duckies! :) This week we are getting an arctic blast, so it was nice to get outside a bit before we are stuck in the house. There is nothing like seeing things in the eyes of our 2 year old, Titus! His eyes were so bright as he was looking at everything and just soaking it all in. He was almost glowing and I could see his little mind learning, even with every chilly gust of wind. :) All of the kids had so much fun and I know that we made memories this week!





I wrote last week about a few new blogs I've happened upon this past month, and I am super excited about them! :) I have them linked in my blog on the right hand side, but below are a few of the links!
This first one is such a blessing! Ann Voskamp has recently written a book, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are, and the theme of her blog and her book is to find the gifts from God in the every day! I have been so encouraged by it and look forward to reading what she has to say every time she blogs!
http://www.aholyexperience.com/

Here is a trailer for the book! :)
(You can push pause on the music on the right hand side of the blog if you want to hear this better.)


I'm going to start posting five moments that I am thankful for from this past week:
1. playground knee jeans and sewing on patches
2. the seal I found in the printer (placed there by our man, Titus, himself)
3. the frustration of not having hubby home for "normal" hours (because that means that I miss him and enjoy his company)
4. creating with the kids (stories, art, food, ect...)
5. Unlocking the door to reading with my kindergartner, Lenci, this year

And I will leave you with this link to Bloom (in)courage, which is a group that is going to be doing a book club with Ann Voskamp's book! :) I'm planning to take part in this and I'd love to know if you do too! :) Blessings!
http://www.incourage.me/category/bloom

2 comments:

alicia kristine said...

I was looking at bloom the other day and wondering if I should do the book club... I think I will... it will be nice to have a friend to discuss with;)... oh, & thanks for sharing the blogs!

FordeFam said...

Yay! So glad you're reading along too, although I'm now about 3 chapters behind! :) Hahaha!