Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Celebrations of many kinds

Well hello there! :) It's been a few since these fingers have touched these keys to update our little world here! :) We have made up for it with our busyness! :) Sleep deprivation in the last months has become the norm but we are finally recovering, although that threat is never unfathomable! :) I'm not exactly sure when sleep is ever the same after having kids, but I'm fine with that. :) We have so many blessings in our lives, so it would be silly to let that be something to cause me to loose more sleep! ;) Anyway, we have several bdays in our family, and we only have 2 people that share the same month in our immediate family! We actually have a birthday to celebrate nearly every month starting in August! We have April, August, September, October, December, and January covered just in our family!!! :) Once we hit the fall we're celebrating all the time! :)

Our wedding anniversary is also in October, so that's something else exciting to throw in the mix! This past year, Lee and I celebrated 10 years!!! We were very excited to claim that benchmark! So many wonderful memories! I love my wonderful, hardworking husband! We are definitely a match! ;)

School is going great for me and the kids!
Zoe turned 7 a few weeks ago and is breezing through her 1st grade work! She is loving to read more than ever! :) She loves that she can read things on tv and that she can read stories to the younger kiddos!!! :) Her favorite thing to play these days is with her baby dolls since she got a new toy pack n play for her birthday!!! She also is a pro at luring her brother, Titus, to me when I need him to come to me when I'm feeding Eden! :)

Lenci is 5 and doing great with all of her K work! She is just getting into the swing of the reading thing, but it is so fun to enter that threshold with her! She and Zoe have very different learning styles, and it's just a really neat thing to see what pulls that desire to read out of her! :) She is an animal lover, and she has recently started talking about horses all the time! It's not rare to find her galloping on all fours around the house! I used to do that as a kid, so it's super cute! :)

Asher, 4, is such a champ! He begs me for work when his sisters are doing school, so I print learning sheets from the computer to keep him busy, and I have had a few instances that the girls will be asking me questions about their stuff and Asher knows the answer! :) Hahaha! Little smarty pants! :) He's amazing in math! I'm a little intimidated by that, but for now I know more than he does, so we're still good! :) Hahaha! He loves anything boy, but he is always willing to play with his big sisters! We always give him the big jobs, like smooshing bugs and stuff like that! He is a very proud bug smoosher! :)

Titus turned 2 on the first of the year, and he is just blowing me away with how many words he is adding to his vocabulary every day! Sometimes I'll get him up from his nap and he has new words just from that little time he has had to rest! :) He is a super sweet boy, but man is he a stinker! Yesterday he was putting beads up his nose, pulling the tv speakers off the armoire, knocking books off of the shelf and then climbing in the space the books left, crawling on the table, climing up into the girls loft bed and the list goes on! Needless to say I am one tired momma these days! I just really feel that I am a life guard! :) Titus loves cars, dinosaurs and anything that looks kinda scary! :) He also pretends that anything and everything is either a microphone or a guitar!

And Eden is joining Titus' need for a life guard in that she has begun putting anything in her little mouth! I'm trying to get her to take a pacifier, but she just has never taken one! ALL of the other bambinos have taken them, so I'm not sure what the aversion is, but I got her to take it longer today than any other day by trying my latest trick; COFFEE! :) Yep! I dipped her paci in the coffee and she sure slurped that thing! I have no idea why it worked, but we'll see! I think that's why she puts things in her mouth though! None of the other kids did that so early, so that was my deductive reasoning! :) She has also just started crawling, so she is EVERYWHERE! Her favorite place now, you ask? Anywhere the kids are playing! She has started following them, so I guess that means they're more fun than me! :) I know one thing, they are definitely more exhuberant! Hahaha! She gets so proud of herself when she's standing up too, although right now its just holding onto things! When I get her from her bed she's usually standing now! I can't believe she's getting so big!!! I think her favorite toy right now is her singing glo worm!

I have been crocheting as usual! I have been debating about whether or not to open up an etsy, so we shall see! :) I have decided that I want to learn to knit some socks for my darling hubby! :) He is a lover of wool socks, and it is a deep desire of mine to knit him some since crocheted socks are just not something that he would fancy, AT ALL! :) Hehehe! I really don't like them much either, except for slippers around the house! I went on youtube and watched a few videos of ladies knitting socks and just laughed!!! I am such a novice knitter and the sock knitting was the most complicated thing I had EVER seen with yarn work!!! I am still wanting to learn, but I think I'm going to need a teacher! So, that being said, it is one of my resolutions! I would love to make some socks for Lee for this coming Christmas, and I believe it could take me that long to get them done if I started on them tonight! :) If I learn, I'll post pics as updates! :)

Another resolution of mine will be to update this blog more frequently again! I sure do miss it! :) Words are a favorite of mine! ;) I just have too much to say and it is a really great way to remind myself of all of the sweet graces that God is granting in the everyday happenings of my little life! So, farewell for now!







3 comments:

alicia kristine said...

so glad you are back!!... great update! I sooo want to knit too!... i was looking at patterns this last month and found so many things that were knitted that i wanted to make... we can do it!!

Hope said...

So nice to read your update. Glad you are all doing well. You look gorgeous, Maia, and I'm always so impressed with your ability to do everything: homeschooling and everything. It never ceases to amaze me. The picture of Eden at the bottom with the flower is STINKING ADORABLE!

FordeFam said...

You girls are soooo sweet! :) Thanks for being such great friends! ;)