Friday, September 26, 2008

Happy Birthday to my hubby!!!

Today is Lee's birthday, and although he has to work, we were able to celebrate this past Wednesday by going to one of the Movie Taverns where they have dinner and a movie!!! We hadn't been to a movie in forever, and we got a gift card to that specific movie theater!!! It was great, because sometimes it feels like too much time to do both separately, but this time we could have both together! We were a little worried that the food would be less than because it wasn't the top priority, but it was actually really yummy!!! We watched The Dark Night!!! What a blessing to have a date night! Don't know why we didn't get a picture, but we forgot! Haha!

Earlier in the week, I tried out a recipe for those cakeballs I keep blogging about!!! They worked great!!! The girls helped me with some strawberry ones so I could test it out, and then I made the lemon ones! Fun! They ended up working great and they tasted yummy!!! Another GREAT thing is that they weren't as hard as I thought they would be! I am so excited! I will no longer have to pay someone else to make them!!! One cake box makes about 48 cake balls, so needless to say, we have cake balls coming out of our ears (making it hard to be good on my no sugar/white flour diet)! Thank goodness Sundays (and bdays) are spurge days! Hehe! Anyway, here are some pics!!!





















The strawberry ones have fall leaf sprinkles on regular and white chocolate and the lemon ones are just plain! Yum! We'll obviously be freezing some! :)
The last picture is from our date on the 17th in celebration of 11 years of dating!!! Sooo fun! I can't believe we've had two dates so close together! :) Our 8th wedding anniversary is coming up in another week! :) I hope it's cold like the day we got married! I love fall!
Lee, Happy Birthday!!! I am sooooo glad that you were born!!! You are such a wonderful husband and my best friend!!! I thank the Lord for you every day!!!

3 comments:

Greg & Laura said...

Hi Maia, it's Laura Richardson. Your kids are so beautiful and I can't believe how big they are! We miss you guys at CityView. Congrats on your new pregnancy!!

Hope said...

What? Your preggers??? How far are you? Do you know yet what you're having?
Congratulations!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Cake balls ARE fun to make, and even more fun to eat! :) Your kids did such a great job!!