Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Good Friday and an Early Easter!

Well, we didn't win the house...Hahaha! I mean the HGTV Dream Home that they gave away last Sunday! I did get our house pretty clean, but as I was looking at the pics of the dream home I was realizing there was now way my place would ever really look clean in comparison...at least not until we move! Hehe! But, I'm soooo excited to say that my sister helped me by threading my sewing machine and I made a dress for Lenci last night and a dress for Zoe today during nap time!!! My sister suggested a SUPER simple A-line pattern where you use ribbons for the dress straps! I think the dresses turned out great! Of course I started by making Zoe's which ended up being Lenci's because I didn't allow for the seam when I measured at her rib cage! That's fine, though! I'll probably hem Lenci's up a little too, cause it's almost to her ankles! Hehehe!




Here's Lenci talking to Pollly Pocket about coming over to play! :)









Posing in her new dress!!! :)











Zoe's doing her ballerina toes! :)










What a cutie!








Here are some more fabrics that will become dresses, pillows, tops, and chair cushions! :)








This is my special fabric that I got for more than just $1/yard! :) Cabbage Rose...a grand fabric store!





And who can go out and do crafty minded things without the inspiration of COFFEE!!! Well, milk was quite popular in our order at Starbucks that day! Hahaha! 1 warm vanilla milk for Zoe, 1 cold chocolate milk for Lenci and 1 cold vanilla milk for Asher! :) Sooo cute!




Here is a picture of Asher stacking his cheese blocks! Soooo funny! I bought cheese blocks this time because they were cheaper that the off brand shredded and block cheese!!! I know, weird! :) Asher has enjoyed it! :)









And here's Asher with a pair of the girls sunglasses!!! :) He's sooo silly!






On another note, today is Good Friday!!! I am so thankful that the Lord came to the earth to make us right in His standards as He became the sacrifice to atone for our sinfulness!!! I am going to post the lyrics to a great song!!! It's called Beautiful Scandalous Night by The Robbie Seay Band! I love this song and it is soooo fitting for the Easter celebration that we have coming this weekend!!! :)

BEAUTIFUL SCANDALOUS NIGHT

Go on up to the mountain of mercy
To the crimson perpetual tide
Kneel down on the shore
Be thirsty no more
Go under and be purified
Follow Christ to the holy mountain
Sinner sorry and wrecked by the fall
Cleanse your heart and your soul
In the fountain that flows
For you and for me and for all

At the wonderful, tragic, mysterious tree
On that beautiful, scandalous night you and me
Were atoned by His blood and forever washed white
On that beautiful, scandalous night

On the hillside, you will be delivered
At the foot of the cross justified
And your spirit restored
By the river that pours
From our blessed Savior's side

Artist: Robbie Seay Band
Album: Give Yourself Away
Year: 2007
[Beautiful Scandalous Night Lyrics on
http://www.lyricsmania.com/ ]

Happy Easter!!!

5 comments:

Shawna said...

I am so impressed by your many talents!

Momma B. said...

Cute dresses! Wish we could get together and sew things. I like to do it but it's a big undertaking to get it all out and put it all away so I rarely get to. Happy Easter!

carleigh said...

i wish i could sew! happy easter!

Janelle and Ella said...

Love the dress!! Good job!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.