Thursday, July 10, 2008

a little bigger of an update! ;)

Sorry!!! I know it's been a while, but I have been zonked!!! :) I am barely over a bladder infection and, man oh man, was I tired and in pain for the past 4 days!!! All I can say is that I will forever be a believer in cranberry juice...but not just any cranberry juice, it has to be unsweetened!!! My midwife told me about Central Market having unsweeted cranberry juice and that I should drink all of that and a gallon of water along with it!!! Craziness!!! I have been potty training and I was going as much as Lenci!!! Maybe that's what has worn me out! The only thing that got us through those last few days was the fact that I pulled out the little potty again for her! We only have one bathroom, so that could have gotten very interesting! :) I hadn't gotten it out yet because Zoe trained better on the normal potty for some reason! You just never know from kid to kid, but Lenci has stayed dry all day for the last 4 days!!! She has also gone poopoo in the big potty, but not in the little one for some reason! Hahaha! I'm really not complaining though! Maybe she just wants to save me the nasty potty dumping step? Who knows! :)

So, a few weeks ago, one of Zoe's friends invited us to a bounce house birthday party right around the corner from our house! She wanted to go soooo bad, but it was on a Saturday and Lee had to work, so I was just imagining what it would be like to take my 20 months old, my almost 3 year old (but still CLEARLY two), and my 4 1/2 year old (and being pregnant on top of that) to a crowded bounce house party trying to chase them and make sure we all ended up together at the end of the party!!! Well, after talking to Carleigh (who I knew would have been with her kids before, hehe), my sister and my mom, I decided to be brave and make a go at taking all three of my kids to the party! I was soooo glad I did! When I called to let Zoe's friends' mom to let her know that we would be coming she informed me that it would only be her party joining our kids, so it wouldn't be millions of other kids to weed through!!! Plus, on top of that, they have coaches that help the kids and stuff!!! They had sooooo much fun! :) Lenci and Zoe wouldn't go into anything at first, but Zoe finally followed some little girls into one and was running around with them. Asher immediately ran into the basketball one and was chunking the ball around! He was usually in it by himself, but every once in a while another one or two kids would wander in to play with him!!! Lenci didn't do anything other than running around to the different bounce house options, then she would stop, sit down and pull up her socks! She did this for at least 30 minutes until she watched Zoe come down the giant slide that the coaches helped her climb up to!!! Suddenly this bounce house had a new excitement and she went into the one that had the mile high "rock climbing" things and a coach helped her get up there and she went down by herself!!! She was HOOKED!!! She went up another 4 times by herself!!! I was baffled at how fast she was able to get up those little nubs!!! I have to admit that I was a little nervous! Asher decided he wanted to go up, so the coaches and my friend helped him go up and then down twice!!! :) I was soooo glad that I took them!!! :) They had soooo much fun and I was running around snapping my camera!!! So, here are a few pics from the bounce house!!! :)

This is all Lenci would do, besides straightening her socks, in the beginning at least!



Zoe was attempting to brave up the nubs on her own!!!



Lenci finally made it into something!!! Hahaha!



Here's Zoe getting some help up the nubs!



She was sooooo proud to come down the slide by herself!!! I missed the actually action shot the first time, but this expression is priceless!!! :)



Lenci found something worth the effort!!! :)



I really think she's going to be our roller coaster girl!!! She's not even flinching here!!! Hahaha!



Zoe went again, so I was able to get our action shot!!! Daddy sure was proud of his brave kiddos!!! And I was so glad that I documented it all with pictures! :)



Lenci was off again and went flying up the nubs with no help this time!



She was soooo set on going again I couldn't even get her expression at the end! She was already planning her next climb up!



This is where she was by the time I came around to her!!! hahaha!



And another WHOOSH!!!!



Asher loved this, even though he looked terrified!!! :) He came off the slide smiling in the end! Hahaha!



Zoe and the birthday girl!!! ;)



I was soooo proud of them and it was very worth the fun time and much less energy than I thought it was going to drain from this tired Momma!!! We drove near the place tonight and Lenci started telling Lee all about it again!!! :) Sooo sweet! I'll be posting again soon because we have another sono coming up!!! :) Yay! Hope you all are having a great week! Blessings!

2 comments:

Janelle and Ella said...

Pump it up is so fun! I have pictures that look exactly the same from Ella's 2nd birthday party!
I'm so sorry about your bladder infection. I KNOW how painful those are!
How is your pregnancy going? We need an update! :-)

carleigh said...

glad you guys had fun!! and i can't wait to hear any info about the next sonogram!!! oh, and audrey just had her first bladder infection.... no fun!