Monday, June 4, 2007

My day

My friend emailed me and asked me what my daily life was like, so this was my emailed response back to her!!! I read it over to make sure that it all made sense, and then I thought I should just post it as a blog as well!!! ;) So, here it is! My day! "Hmmm...well, Lee leaves around 8am, so I get up with him, walk him to the door to dead bolt it and go back to sleep. I get up around 9am, just because that's when the girls and Asher wake up. I get them their breakfast and feed Asher. Then, and sometimes first, I make myself some coffee from Starbucks. I love their Espresso blend brewed regularly and I drink it black!!! :) It keeps me going, and it's my little treat for myself throughout the day! The girls love watching Caillou, so they watch that and then Barney and Seasame Street come on. They play and watch the shows at the same time, and Asher has started to "army crawl" so I let him down on the floor. I wish I could say that I have a structure of cleaning, but for now I am working on getting all of our laundry caught up! :) Hahaha!!! I feel like that is what I'm always doing, but that's okay! We have to wear clothes! :) Plus, when we moved we threw all of our stuff in plastic bags, and there were like 6 in Asher's closet! I have just finished the last of them today! I just started on them this past week. Hahaha! Anyway, while they are watching their little shows, I try to get either dishes done or laundry folded and put away! I have been getting them folded, but now I need to work on places for things that are too small or out of season. I have containers, just not enough. Or maybe the problem is TOO MUCH STUFF!!! ;) I have been giving clothes away like crazy! It feels great to know that the things that are not my "have to keep" favorites of the girls things, but are still nice, can help someone else!!! :) My neighbor has a daughter a little younger than Lenci, so it works out great! I have soooooo many things in that size (18-24 months). I think that must be when kids have hit growth spurts, because that is the size that my friends have passed down to me! Hahaha! Well, I get them their lunch and then they go down for a nap, and if I'm lucky they all take a nap at the same time!!! Sometimes I take a nap and other times I just catch up on my emails and myspace and stuff. They get up around 4pm and they play. We don't really go much of anywhere since Lee doesn't get off until 8pm, but every once in a while I will take the car and go places when Lee gets home...even if it's Blockbuster or Walmart! :) It just helps to get out of the house! That's my day...plain and simple! I have been subscribing to the Flylady and she has been emailing me! I now make my bed on a daily basis! It looks soooo inviting when I make it! In fact, the other day I left our bedroom door open. I usually keep it closed so the girls don't go in there and get into stuff, but I was trying something new! Hahaha! Well, of course I was looking around the living room and could not find Lenci, so I decided to look in our room...and there she was...in our bed!!! She was laying there with her head on one of the throw pillows and under the throw blanket that was on the end of the bed!!! It was soooo sweet I had to laugh...and then get the camera of course!!! Hahaha!!! Zoe ended up hearing the commotion and was able to join us for the photo shoot!!! ;) They were soooo silly! :) Well, let me know what your daily life is like! :)"

2 comments:

Tina Braswell said...

Hi Maia - I noticed your comments on our blog, so just wanted to say hi. You have a beautiful family. I'm sure your days are full with 3 kids! Tell Lee we said hi. - Tina

Janelle and Ella said...

I love hearing about your day and I must say I'm jealous of the sleeping in till 9:00! Ella wakes up at 7:00 every morning. Sweet family!